- Identify the state of potential for biodiversity in general and for insects in particular on a farm and assess strengths and weaknesses. Provide the basis for the elaboration of a sound Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP).
- Quantify each type of semi-natural habitats at farm level
- Support farmers in the elaboration of a Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) with recommendations for effective measures to reduce impacts on biodiversity and preserve and promote biodiversity and insects in the production system and beyond. The BAP takes into account the current socio-economic as well as technical context of the farm.
- Monitor the implementation of the BAP and illustrate continuous improvement of biodiversity performance (or not).
- Raise farmers’ awareness on the potential for biodiversity and insects on the farm and how to use this potential to increase performance. Deploy this learning process to the whole food chain including quality and product manager as well as sourcing manager of food companies.